Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Open Post

I do not like being told what I can and cannot write about.  It frustrates me.  It frustrates my brain because it crushes my creative juices down into a few little bits of pulp.  Pulp that tastes sour and burns the tongue.  Writing turns from something fierce and raging into a boring job.  It becomes a formula that must be followed.  Build the base, fill in the blanks, repeat.  Where is the fun in that? I know where it is, it's back in that original idea I had.  The original idea that had no set formula, no set structure, no lame idea that was squeezed out of a tube like writing toothpaste.  It will turn out okay in the end but there will be little passion behind it.

On the other hand I suppose it makes me think in a new way, makes me think of something I wouldn't have thought of before.  Somewhere in the future I'm sure I will appreciate this but right now I simply feel intense writer angst. 

No comments:

Post a Comment